Logo Banner


Questions and Answers

Q: Where should I take my vehicle for repairs?
A: For optimal service, it is recommended to have repairs completed at the dealership where you purchased your vehicle. If this is not feasible, please select a licensed repair facility of your choice.
Note: some service contracts waive your deductible if taken back to the dealer.

Q: Do I have to receive authorization prior to repair?
A: YES. Failure to receive authorization prior to repair may result in nonpayment.

Q: How do I receive authorization for repairs?
A: Prior to beginning repairs, you or the repair facility must contact Basic Car Care at 1-855-248-5700 (during regular business hour) to file a claim.

Q: What happens after I file a claim?
A: A trained representative will review your service contract and repair facility findings. The representative may select to have a third party inspector review the vehicle. After all information is gathered, the representative will provide details on why the claim is approved or denied. Note: You may be required to show proof of maintenance records based on the manufactures recommendations.

Q: What if my vehicle breaks down outside of operating hours?
A: Please call and leave a detailed message and a representative will call you back promptly during normal business hours. Note: Failure to receive authorization prior to repair may result in nonpayment.

Q: What are your operating hours?
A: Basic Car Care business hours are Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm, CST. Basic Car Care is closed on national holidays.

Q: What kind of records do I need for proof of maintenance?
A: Receipts for maintenance must include vehicle identification (VIN), year, make, and model and must show dates, mileage and services performed. Maintenance services must be performed in accordance with manufacturer requirements.

Q: What if I perform the maintenance on myself?
A: If you perform maintenance on the vehicle yourself, you must keep a log showing the date, mileage ad type of maintenance service performed. You also must keep receipts for products purchased to perform the maintenance.

Q: Do I have road side assistance and what does it cover?
A: Yes. All service contracts come with road side assistance covering: towing assistance, flat tire assistance, oil/fluid/water/fuel delivery service, battery assistance, and lock-out assistance. Please call 1-866-535-2959 for assistance.

Q: Do I have vehicle rental coverage?
A: Yes. All service contracts come with rental vehicle reimbursement for vehicles with an authorized claim. Please see contact for details or call 1-855-248-5700 for details.

Q: What is covered on my service contract?
A: Contract coverage vary based on the type of service contract purchased. Please reference section 2 “What this contract covers” section of your contract.

Q: Is my service contract transferable?
A: Yes. If you sell your vehicle, the remaining coverage can be transferred to the new owner.